Looking for advice on the best way to accomplish this. I've searched around but so far have not found the right solution. Maybe I am missing something obvious. I'm an Android newbie.

I want to have the ability to reduce volume for certain alerts during specific times of the day. Importantly, I need them to return after a specified time.

Example, I want my Line (chat app) alerts to be silent during office hours. Last week I simply turned down my notification volume (I don't want to annoy the hell out of my coworkers if I have a long conversation) and that worked since the vibrations were enough for me to detect new messages, but I forgot to put things back and the next morning I didn't hear my alarm.

Is there an app that can provide such scheduling like: Line volume down between hours of 8-4.

I see that there is an option to turn off line volume in the settings but it's not that easy to access and I always have the possibility of forgetting to turn it back on after work when I actually need to hear them.

Thanks!
    05-22-2015 07:51 PM
    What phone do you have? In most cases, a quiet time feature is included and allows yo to set a defined silence or do not disturb time frame except for certain notifications and alerts. However, you can also take a look at applications to assist you with this. Tasker is a good app to consider, and it is also highly customizable.

You can get Tasker in the Play Store here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.taskerm

If you read the application information (Play Store link above) you'll find a link to the developers website to download a free version (for a limited time) before you consider the purchase. Let us know if you have any questions.
    05-22-2015 09:08 PM