My HTC One MIni 2's Status bar has crashed, could I have some help?

A

AC Question

Hello there.

Yesterday, I was streaming an app from my phone to my TV through ChromeCast, when suddenly, chromecast crashed, and disconnected. This has happened a couple times before, so it was no big deal.

However, this time, it caused my phone to act incredibly slowly, to the point where it would not respond to any input for ~20 seconds, before doing everything at once, then locking up again.

Restarting fixed this issue, but now my status bar is frozen in time, still showing the time and charge and all the notifications I had from the point at which it crashed. I cannot drag it down, nor does restarting the phone work.

I'd really rather not do a factory reset on it, as I have a very large amount of information on that phone that would be a pain to back up, so any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Try a Cache Partition wipe in Recovery, which will cause no loss of personal data.

Simpler than that, if you wish to try this first, and are able to do so, is to go to Settings, Storage, Cached Data, and clear the cache. Follow that with a Power Off and Restart.

Posted via the Android Central App

Divinum

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I had already tried clearing the cache, but wiping the cache partition worked perfectly!

Thank you very much, you've saved me a large amount of time spent backing up and resetting my phone.

Thanks again!