I was running a CM 12.1 nightly on my phone and I made the mistake of encrypting my phone (under settings->security) but it was getting very laggy. I read online that in order to de-encrypt the phone I had to do a factory reset. I was trying to flash today's nightly, but twrp was asking for a password. A password? Instead of flashing CWM, i decided to just do a factory reset (to de-encrypt the phone) and do a clean flash of the nightly and the updated gapps - but when I did the reset, it rebooted to recovery and just kept flashing the twrp screen. I tried to put the phone in download mode, and I did - but windows did not recognize the phone. I downloaded the drivers for the s3 - still didn't recognize the phone. I then downloaded kies (saw on a post), still didn't do anything. I tried on my older computer running win xp, and still was a no go (part of me wonders if this is just because I am using an old computer, but IDK). I was trying to charge the battery because I had been trying every/anything for hours - but the phone would just keep drawing power from the battery and boot looping. I was about to flash odin and see what my options are, but I decided to reach out and ask for help.....so here I am.... HELP!
    05-24-2015 03:53 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I would try different cables, first. After that, reboot the PC. It may be possible the device is bricked. I have not dealt with anything like this before.
    05-24-2015 08:36 AM