Yea so I just got the M9. After researching, the main complaint was with the camera, I didn't think it would be that noticeable, but holy ****, i don't even want to take any pictures with this camera. They are all either too bright or too dark, and I wouldn't say pixilated or blurry but like a mixture. Is it possible to swap out the camera, I figured with a 20 MP camera things couldn't be too terrible. Apparently its a Toshiba lens, I was hoping i could switch it to a sony lens or something like that.
    rjd728 likes this.
    05-24-2015 01:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I doubt that that would be possible, or at least, practicable.

It may be that you have a faulty device. Please consider registering as a member so that you can post some sample shots, and we'll have a go at judging.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-24-2015 03:06 PM
    Hey ya i also bought the M9 and holy **** its bad. if its any way dark or low light i may as well spin around in a circle and hold the shutter button. there is no sharpness or detail in the picture. i could be improved with a update but i think its more a hardware problem.

i am thinking of getting a Sony Qx100 or up so as i have a camera. cos my m7 was 200% better then this tosiba ****.
    HTC i no u like to stand out and i love everything about the phone just the camera OMG. IT makes my eyes water every time i press the shutter button
    rjd728 likes this.
    06-08-2015 08:47 AM
    Change the lens? Highly unlikely. I too am sharing the same disappointment with the M9 camera. The phone itself is great, minus the subpar camera. The fact that phones I had years earlier took better pictures is truly disappointing. It's not all about Megapixels....so many variables (ISO, Saturation, Sharpness, White Balance, etc.). No OIS on this camera doesn't help. You should be able to point and shoot, but in this case not so much. Even after tinkering with manual settings it's far too inconsistent.
    06-08-2015 11:25 AM