Nexus 5 VS zenfone 2 (4GB ram version) which one to buy???

A

AC Question

Hi guys please help me choose between nexus 5 and zenfone 2 (4gb ram version). On the one side zenfone has 4GB ram and is quite a new device as nexus 5 has been discontinued.
But on second side nexus 5 does gets all the updates way before z2.
So is nexus 5 worth the buy and also ders a special scheme going on (nexus 5 (16gb + chromecast) at 315 usd so is it worth it or I should go for z2???

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm supposed to receive the 4 GB Zenfone 2 in about a week or so, and I currently have a Nexus 5, so I could say more about this soon. But one major difference is the size. The Zenfone 2 sounds like it's fairly big and heavy, while the Nexus 5 is slim and light, so that might be important.

I'm sure another big difference will be the battery--the Nexus 5's has always been its weak spot, giving me at best 2-3 hrs of total screen-on time per charge. I anticipate the Zenfone 2's battery to be better.

The Zenfone 2 carries lots of bloatware (although with the 64 GB of Internal Storage, this isn't as big of a problem from a space standpoint), while the Nexus 5 has very little (it depends on what you consider bloatware).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci