I've used Avast and AVG to no avail. Avast catches it but doesn't remove it. There is no Speed video downloader app installed on my phone, nor have I installed any app recently. In fact I can't even find any info regarding Speed video downloader online.

What really happens: The notification "com.as.ytb.downloader" stays in my notifications, and it displays picture #1 whenever I go online. Also, whenever I click it, the popup reappears.

I've also tried deleting legacy in /storage/emulated/legacy to no avail. Please I need help, but don't want to do a factory reset. Thanks!

i59.tinypic.com/9hht3m.png
    i59.tinypic.com/96km68.png
    i59.tinypic.com/ndu7aw.png
    i59.tinypic.com/6z93yr.jpg
    05-26-2015 01:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Here's the app: http://www.mobogenie.com/download-sp...r-4043656.html. It's probably not so much virus or spyware that you have, but some kind of adware instead that keeps trying to encourage you to download the app. The adware may not be malicious per se, but it sure can be annoying, and it's difficult to say whether that Speed downloader is malicious.

In these kinds of situations, you may just have to uninstall apps one by one until the behavior hopefully goes away, which should help pinpoint which app was the culprit. Alternatively, you could do a factory reset (which I realize you'd rather avoid) and reinstall apps slowly, one by one, seeing if and when that behavior returns.
    05-26-2015 03:13 PM
    Hi,

i am also facing the same issue. If your problem is resolved then plz share your solution because i am totally rid of this.

please help me
    09-21-2015 12:24 PM