Button fatigue

A

AC Question

What is the best way to turn on the S6? Home button or on/off button? Coming from a Moto X, I never had to press any button to turn the phone on and the only time I ever pressed the on/off button was to reset the phone about once a week.

I'm sure these buttons are rated at a couple million presses but I know some have complained about rattling home buttons and the more you press these things the higher the likelihood buttons loosen or start rattling.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can use either -- I have had Samsung phones in the past and never had an issue with using the button. My co-worker is still using my old Note 3 that I sold to him and it works just fine.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What is the best way to turn on the S6? Home button or on/off button? Coming from a Moto X, I never had to press any button to turn the phone on and the only time I ever pressed the on/off button was to reset the phone about once a week.

I'm sure these buttons are rated at a couple million presses but I know some have complained about rattling home buttons and the more you press these things the higher the likelihood buttons loosen or start rattling.

Welcome to the forums!

I have had all but 2 of the S phones and have had every Note phone. I have never had an issue with my buttons.

On the Note 4, in the motions, you can turn the screen on with waving your hand in front of it. The problem with that, is anything that comes close enough to the sensor, will turn on your screen.