I heard when you buy a new phone your suppose to let it die the first time and charge it so the battery lasts longer. is this true?
    05-27-2015 06:17 AM
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=500054

No. I remember thinking that in the past, but battery technology has moved on.
    (hopefully it will move on some more )

Normally don't let it run too low, see the guide above, but when new it's good to help it calibrate by going from 100% to 30/15/5% (opinions vary) a few times and fully charge, so no short top ups.

GSam has always been a recommended app and I like it too. Other battery and cleaning apps are detrimental.
    *Get to know the graph in * Settings - Battery on the phone, touch the graph for signal and other info, and screen will give you Screen on time.

Ideally as Rukbat says charging the battery from 40 or 50% to full is healthiest for the battery to charge at that point, and it counts as half a life cycle. Not always easy to stick to.
    You normally get a warning at 15%.
    Any lower than 5% and Rukbat comes around to your house.

Enjoy the S6, I've been considering one, for 3 months!

*Corrected *
    [Guide] The Care and Feeding of Lithium Polymer Batteries

No. I remember thinking that in the past, but battery technology has moved on.
    (hopefully it will move on some more )

Normally don't let it run too low, see the guide above, but when new it's good to help it calibrate by going from 100% to 30/15/5% (opinions vary) a few times and fully charge, so no short top ups.

GSam has always been a recommended app and I like it too. Other battery and cleaning apps are detrimental.
    *Get to know the graph in * Settings - Battery on the phone, touch the graph for signal and other info, and screen will give you Screen on time.

Ideally as Rukbat says charging the battery from 40 or 50% to full is healthiest for the battery to charge at that point, and it counts as half a life cycle. Not always easy to stick to.
    You normally get a warning at 15%.
    Any lower than 5% and Rukbat comes around to your house.

Enjoy the S6, I've been considering one, for 3 months!

*Corrected *
    05-27-2015 06:45 AM