Does anyone knows the solution? I mean, today I drained phone out to 2%, I plugged it in wall charger that says 5V 2 amp output. It was about 4PM. When I cheched at 9PM it said 85% and needs about and hour to fully be charged. Seriously, 1% per 5min? It rans Lollipop 5.0.2. From basic calculation, battery capacity is 3Ah (or 3000mAh), so with 2 amp charger 3 / 2 = 1,5h. So when why it is charging so damn long? Couple of days it was factory reseted and all apps was deleted, I only installed a couple. By the way, is it normal that using only wifi and browsing and all background proccesses seems to be closed, battery only last 5-6 hours? I mean with my older S2, which had 1500mAh battery I managed to browse 4 hours till it went flat.
    05-27-2015 01:36 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

If you routinely run the battery flat, or nearly so, before recharging, its life will be shortened. It's best to recharge with about 50% charge remaining.

It could be that your slow charging is due to a damaged or dirty USB port, or a damaged USB lead, among other possibilities.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-27-2015 03:48 PM
    Does anyone knows the solution? I mean, today I drained phone out to 2%, I plugged it in wall charger that says 5V 2 amp output. It was about 4PM. When I cheched at 9PM it said 85% and needs about and hour to fully be charged. Seriously, 1% per 5min?
    If you regularly run the battery down that far, seriously. The battery is at the end of its life. (You can do that in a few months - lithium batteries can't be deep-discharged. Lead-acid batteries can, but no one wants a 10 pound battery in a phone.)

It rans Lollipop 5.0.2. From basic calculation, battery capacity is 3Ah (or 3000mAh), so with 2 amp charger 3 / 2 = 1,5h.
    You're forgetting something. Most phones don't charge at 1C (the capacity of the battery) - that's what Qualcom's "quick charge" does. Most phones charge at about 0.3C, so about 1 Amp for that phone, regardless of the size of the charger (it's determined by the circuitry in the phone) - so about 3.5 hours (no energy conversion process is 100% efficient, and electrical to chemical is one of the worst) when the battery is in good condition. (I regularly charge my phones from a 30 Amp, 5 Volt supply, because that's the one on my desk. They don't charge at 30 Amps.)

Replace the battery and recharge at the 40% point unless you're calling the police, fire department or an ambulance. (Especially in a phone with a non-removable battery.)
    05-27-2015 06:50 PM