Z3v purchase. New to Android, coming from IOS. Where to start?

A

AC Question

After 5 or so years on iphones, I'm sick of them. I hate ITunes mostly, and wanted a device with external storage. My question is about launchers or skins. I've heard the Sony will be loaded with bloatware. Do I try to navigate my way through the native Sony launcher before getting something like Nova or Google Now? Can I delete all the unwanted Sony and Verizon apps? Apple always had a few apps you couldn't delete.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I'd definitely try stock first. Then learn to modify the little things you want to change like launchers, fonts, etc. Eventually you may be more interested or wanting more mods. At that point, that's where Android and iOS vary the most. Jailbreaking an iPhone has nothing on rooting, custom recovery and ROM abilities. Welcome to this side.

I'm on all fences. Android, iPhone, WP, and BlackBerry! It's a good change of pace to go outside your "Norm" I think. Just start exploring, don't compare apples to oranges, and learn, learn, learn (Google, here, and XDA are your best buddies).

Have fun!

Sent from my LG G Pad 7.0 LTE

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can either try the native launcher first or install a few and try them out side by side. (Do something in one, run another and do the same thing, etc.)

You can always change which one is the default, or leave the phone with no default if you prefer one launcher for some operations and another one for others. (If you can't figure out how to change the defaults, Default App Manager lets you choose the category, like Home Launcher, and brings you to the place to set or unset the default one. Eventually you'll learh what's where and the app will be like a crutch after your leg healed - you won't need it any more.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22