Last week my S5 active said that the SD card was damaged and needed to be reformatted. After doing so, some of the programs that I had originally moved to the SD card will not let me reinstall them. When I look at the app manager, the phone shows the apps that had been previously installed on the SD card but they appear without an icon and in grey.
    05-27-2015 01:56 PM
    Go to your PS account and see what it says about each app. If it shows that the app is installed try to uninstall it and see what happens. My guess is this procedure will remove the necessary kernel stored on the device and ignore the data that is supposed to be on the SD. Then you should be able to reinstall each app and again move them to SD. My feeling about this stems from if you've ever looked at an SD by plugging it into a pc, many folders and files are still present for apps that you have long since removed. Therefore it would seem that manual removal of folders on the SD or formatting is the only way to free space once used for apps that were moved to SD. The core element is still stored on the device and I feel that is all that is removed during an uninstall, unless the app is designed to remove some or all of these files as a part of its uninstall protocol.
    05-27-2015 02:26 PM