Hi. I have a Galaxy S5 SM-G900A, and am having issues with the OTA updates. Can I download them somewhere else? I am looking for the 4.4.4 update and the Lollipop update. Thanks!
    05-28-2015 11:10 AM
    I'm pretty sure 4.4.4 is available on AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums (The update file usually deletes itself when it finishes updating the phone, so some of the devs on XDA "capture" the file and post it.) I don't know about LolliFlop (I wouldn't put it on any phone, let alone on with an Amoled display), but there are probably captures of all of them by now, except maybe 5.1 and 5.11 if they've been released. (Although, knowing AT&T's release speed, 5.0 is probably the only one released so far.)

2 Notes:

1. The main difference between 4.4.2 and 4.4.4 is the SSL/Hearbleed bug fix. If you don't do secure work on your phone (and you shouldn't - a phone is easier to hack into remotely than a desktop wired to the router), you don't need it.

2. 5.0 - 5.0.2 have a memory leak. That means that if you leave the phone on long enough, it's going to crash and you'll have to restart it. And it doesn't care if you just spent 5 hours writing something you haven't saved yet, if you just took the picture of a lifetime and haven't saved it yet or if you're at the point of buying something from a site, have been billed but haven't completed the transaction (meaning a lot of hassle proving that you got charged but never got the item). Wait for 5.1 at least.
    05-28-2015 02:12 PM
    Hi. I have a Galaxy S5 SM-G900A, and am having issues with the OTA updates. Can I download them somewhere else? I am looking for the 4.4.4 update and the Lollipop update. Thanks!
    You can also take a Samsung to Best Buy to the Samsung counter and have it flashed for free. Also, if you have an AT&T warranty center near you, 611 can tell you if there is, then they can also flash it for free.
    Rukbat likes this.
    05-28-2015 02:49 PM
    You can also take a Samsung to Best Buy to the Samsung counter and have it flashed for free. Also, if you have an AT&T warranty center near you, 611 can tell you if there is, then they can also flash it for free.
    Senior moment - I forgot both of those sources.
    05-28-2015 03:55 PM
    Senior moment - I forgot both of those sources.
    I only remember this because I'm a Samsung only person lol
    05-28-2015 03:59 PM