Best Buy says I can get phone thru Verizon Edge. Verizon store says I can't? Confused

A

AC Question

I am eligible for an early upgrade on my basic phone and want to upgrade to a smart phone. I preordered the LGG4 at a Best Buy store. The salesman was very patient and seemed knowledgeable. I expressed to her several times my concern that multiple Verizon store reps ( different stores, online chat) told me the early upgrade through edge was only on the I phone and the turbo. She was able to order the phone and set me up under the edge plan. I am paying full retail for the phone but want the $25 monthly line discount. The confirmation receipt from Best Buy confirms the edge payment. My concern is that once I go to activate the phone that Verizon will "kick" me of the edge program and I will be stuck paying the phone up front and be charges the monthly access fee. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It is not only for the Turbo or iPhone -- it is for all phones. I would go through Best Buy as they seem to know what they're talking about and are not trying to mess with you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Make the sale contingent on Verizon not charging you the extra money - in writing. If Best Buy is willing to do that (and get the store manager to sign and date it by hand), take the offer. Then, if Verizon won't honor it, bring the phone back to Best Buy and get your money back.

Most carriers don't charge the monthly phone fee if you're bringing your own phone, just the monthly line charge.