I was prompted to delete some files due to limited storage. I selected videos and two files popped up. I selected both of them hoping to relieve some space and in actuality deleted ALL of my pictures. Called Samsung and they said I deleted my entire DCIM folder, that I should have opened the folder and selected each individual file for deletion. They also said once I delete from device it removes files from Google backup. I am not sure about that, but I do know I don't have a backup of those pictures. Please help if there is a legitimate way. I have all baby pictures lost now. I have looked through the advice, but no feedback is given as to whether or not each method is safe or works.
    05-28-2015 10:25 PM
    1. The phone has to be rooted. You can't recover deleted files from the internal storage of an unrooted phone.

2. You can use the free version of DiskDigger undelete (root) to recover picture files, but I don't know of a free one that will recover any other type of files, so you'd have to pay for Disk Digger to recover videos. (Disk Digger works. It's legitimate. It's safe. However - files that have been overwritten can not be recovered. And rooting and installing an app is possibly going to overwrite some files. It's the way computers work, and no one can do anything about that.)

3. In the future, back up any important file to your laptop or desktop and a cloud account. Syncing causes this kind of problem - delete from the phone and it's deleted from the cloud. Just copying the file to the cloud account doesn't have that problem - unless you manually delete the file from the cloud account, it's still there.

Read Backing up an Android Device for a little guide on backing your phone up.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-29-2015 01:34 AM