Best external battery/power bank?

YoungMoney6

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I have a galaxy s6 and we a know the battery on this sucks so I would like a portable battery. Is there a portable battery that can recharge the s6 0-100 at least once and in like 2 hours or so. Also fairly small and cheap, 50- is so expensive.

YoungMoney6

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Is this external battery good?

(Sorry can't post link yet but this is it's name on Amazon - External Battery Charger 10400mAh Power Bank with Best Mobile Charger Dual USB Action Delivery System for any iphone, Galaxy S3 S4 S5 S6, Samsung Tab, ipad and More! Plus, Our Portable Pack Ultra-Light Cell Phone Chargers Are Backed by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee from Mogix Accessories)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. The phone will charge at the rate the phone is built to charge. If it charges 0-100 in 2 hours, putting 5 volts into the charging port, whether from a portable battery, a wall outlet or a million Amp supply, will charge it in 2 hours. The charging speed is determined by the phone and the capability of the supply (and any 5 Volt portable battery has more than enough current available to charge a phone as fast as it charges from the wall).

2. Letting the battery (either the one in the phone or the portable one) drop to less than 40% is a good way to kill it fast. Dropping it to 0% every cycle will kill it in about 4-6 months. Not "kill to the point that it holds a charge for a shorter time", but "kill to the point that you can't charge it at all". The S6 battery has a 2550mAh capacity, so you can draw 1530mAh from it. The same thing holds true for the external battery (plus a little overhead), so a 3000mAh external battery will recharge the S6 from 40%-100% without drawing more than 60% of the portable battery's power.

If you want 2 full charges, that would be 3060mAh of charge needed, so you'd need an external battery with a capacity of 5100mAh. The 10000mAh battery that Almeuit linked to will charge your S6 about 3.9 times and will use Quick Charge 2, so it'll charge faster than a 5 Volt battery.

YoungMoney6

May 29, 2015
Visit site
OK so this external battey (the mogix one not the one Almuiet posted) should charge my gs6 in 2 hours around 3.9 over since it is 10k mAh? Also if my battery drops below 40% (I usually charge above 20%) it'll kill my battery? how long would my battery last if I kept doing this? Because charging my battery at around 40% is so inconvenient and I would have to charge my phone like 2-3 times a day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae