My International Note 4 will not connect to the mobile data network.

A

AC Question

I purchased a new Samsung Note 4, model number SM-N910H. I have installed a Straight Talk sim card, and have successfully attached the phone number and enabled inbound and outbound calls, aas well as basic text messages. But the phone will not connect to a mobile data network (it will connect to wi-fi).

I live in a rural area that is predominantly served by AT&T and T-Mobile. I have called Straight Talk, and spoken with their technical support team, who gave me all the stats I supposedly need to connect to the Data network via APN settings.

Those Settings are as follows:
Name: Straight Talk
APN: wap.tracfone
Proxy: 216.115.165.40
Port: 8080
MMSC http :// mms. tracfone. com (Spaces deliberate for site restrictions)
Multimedia message proxy: 216.155.165.40
Multimedia Message Port: 8080
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
APN Type: wap.tracfone
APN Protocol: IPv4
APN Roaming Protocol: IPv4

An irregularity that I've noticed is that the phone is claiming to connect to a carrier called Chinook, which does not exist in my area. I have tried searching for other operators in the settings, and sometimes it detects AT&T, but it is not able to connect to that network.

I have about reached the limit of what I know to do for the device, so I turn minds more adept in such things than myself. If anyone can offer advice to help connect this phone to mobile data, I would be most grateful.

Dakforest

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie