Suddenly... I open the gallery and it shows "no items" , I check through "my files" to make sure the files exist and they did exist on the phone memory. restarting the phone didn't work. also, music seems to share this problem, it doesn't recognize the music files on the phone memory and displays "No songs".

I had this problem before right after I installed an app, and messed with this app a little. back then I saved all my personal files (private videos and pictures) and formatted the phone. the problem was solved. however, I reinstalled that app but this time nothing happened. instead, the problem occurred while I was asleep, I wake up to find this problem again.

I did some research earlier and found out that "Multimedia UI service layer" is related. in the application manager, it has 0kb memory usage, I tried to force stop, disable, clear the cache and enable but nothing changed.

I'm using a Galaxy Note 3 SM-N900 with Android 4.4.2 .
    thanks for your efforts
    05-31-2015 03:02 PM
    Have you tried uninstalling that app again? Then doing a factory reset? I have a suspicion that the app is messing with the media scanner somehow, and causing your media database to be blank (which means that apps will find that you have no media files).
    05-31-2015 04:50 PM