I've enabled Smart Lock and see the option but can't select it, it's grayed out. I did see the feature a few days ago and recollect setting it up to smart lock including the on body detection. Anybody know why it is disabled? Is some other setting of mine interfering perhaps? I unlock using fingerprints and have an Exchange account setup.
    05-31-2015 03:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Security>Trust Agents​, and make sure Smart Lock is turned on there.
    06-01-2015 02:20 AM
    Smart Lock (Google) is turned on under Trusted Agents. Without that I won't even see the option under Secure lock settings.
    What else?
    06-01-2015 10:04 PM
    Hmm. Do you use the phone for work, and if so, do they require any kind of security on the phone short of encryption? Security policies might prevent you from using certain unlock features. You could try going to Settings>Security>Clear Credentials, although that might affect any security that is required for your work.
    06-02-2015 01:59 AM
    Go to settings -> security -> device administrators and then (temporarily) turn off apps such as Outlook / Exchange. These apps can restrict some options like smart lock.

Once you've disabled the phone admin apps which are restricting, you'll be able to adjust smart lock settings. After changing the settings, turn the device admins back on, or else in this case you might not be able to use outlook anymore.

I know this post is old, but I just figured it out and it might help others searching through the forums for help.
    01-04-2016 06:20 PM