deleted wifi

Craig Stannard

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I was having a problem with my wifi on my at&t s4. I read in a forum to rename the file but I accidentally deleted it. Is there any way to get this back.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not sure what wi-fi file you might be referring to. Do you mean you had a folder called "Wi-fi" that had some files or data in it? Or did you delete some wi-fi configuration file? What sort of problem did you encounter after this accidental delete?

Craig Stannard

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy. Thanks for the response. I don't exactly remember what the wifi file was that I was trying to rename, but after I deleted it, my wifi won't turn on. Now my wife wants to get rid of her iPhone, and I have a great s4 for her but it is useless with no wifi! Will installing stock firmware work? Again, thanks for your response and any help you can give me.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since you're planning on giving the phone to your wife, I would just do a factory reset, which should correct the issue. Unless your wife shares your Google account with you, she won't be able to use the same apps that you have.

Craig Stannard

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Right know I'm downloading Odin to install stock firmware. My phone was rooted, so I'm gonna try that. Factory reset did nothing. That's where I'm at now! Fingers crossed!

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze