I have a 64 GB micro SD and just bought a new 128 GB (which is from a kinda sketchy source but they have a good return policy so if it's just the card so be it). I tried to take the music files from my original card and place them in a folder on my laptop so when I plug in my new card I can just copy and paste (I would have used a USB to do it more directly but my laptop's ports are bad). I can get the files onto the new card but they don't show up in the music player and it tells me that the phone does not support this file type. This is nonsense because I have put new music files onto the new card that were not on my original card and they work just fine and are the same file type. My issue is that I don't have the music files on my computer still so I have to get them off my old card. I don't think the 128 GB is messed up because my phone reads it normally and says it has a lot of space on it but it could just be bad quality I guess. I wasn't sure if maybe there was some sort of backup file kind of thing I might be missing so I don't have to reacquire 60 GB of music.
    06-01-2015 12:49 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! The fact that you think the place was a little sketchy speaks volumes. Counterfeit cards are always a possibility. Run SD Insight to make sure the card is what it says it is.
    06-01-2015 01:58 PM
    Assuming the card is real (if it's counterfeit, pasting more than the real size of the memory chip destroys the data structure of the filesystem on the card), put it into the laptop and see if you can play the songs. If not, it's a card problem. If you can, are you sure your phone supports SDXC? (64GB cards come in SDHC and SDXC. 128GB cards can't be supported by SDHC.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-01-2015 03:01 PM