Where can I access my saved photos from Hangouts on Nexus 5?

A

AC Question

Hi,

I get a photo sent to me in hangouts using MMS. I click on the top right icon "save", and then I can't find the photo anywhere on my device. Device folders only shows three options: Camera, Screenshots, Instagram.

I can access when I connect to computer and download via Android Transfer, but I'd like to be able to actually see and send the photo on my actual phone.

Insanely frustrated at how unfriendly this user experience is... Is there something wrong with my settings? There used to be a 'on device' option in photos that would show downloaded Hangouts photos, but that option isn't there anymore. Help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Open the Photos app, swipe in from the left, tap Device Folders, and you should see the saved images in the Download folder.

Oddly, these photos may not show up in the Downloads "app"--I think this is because for files to show up in that app, they have to be downloaded using the Download Manager (which is something determined by how the various apps are coded, and is not a setting you can adjust). Even though those photos don't show in in the Downloads "app," they will still show up in the actual /storage/sdcard0/Download directory when you use a file manager.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo