I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Amazon for my Verizon account. I got the phone two days ago to replace my old one that messed up. One thing I noticed from it is that everything was in Spanish at first, like it had been used before by a Spanish speaker. The second thing I had noticed was that I was getting a lot of random text from people that seemed like they weren't spammers. I did not getting many new texts so quick with my old phone. So my question is could my new phone be a pre-owned phone or something or is there a good explanation for this or am I just too paranoid?
    06-01-2015 11:18 PM
    I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Amazon for my Verizon account. I got the phone two days ago to replace my old one that messed up. One thing I noticed from it is that everything was in Spanish at first, like it had been used before by a Spanish speaker. The second thing I had noticed was that I was getting a lot of random text from people that seemed like they weren't spammers. I did not getting many new texts so quick with my old phone. So my question is could my new phone be a pre-owned phone or something or is there a good explanation for this or am I just too paranoid?
    Welcome to the forums!

Is the phone a Verizon variant or an international version? If it is a Verizon variant, then Verizon can check the IMEI number and tell you if that phone has been activated before.
    06-02-2015 12:22 AM