My HTC phone has been working fine until this morning. There has been no update or anything, but now when I try to make phone calls outside of my town, it rings then I get the recording that says "please dial the area code ...". I've tried all combos of using area code, +1, etc. I've also tried restarting the phone, and checked to make sure I have minutes available. Now what!? Help!!
    06-02-2015 07:42 AM
    What HTC phone do you have?

Are you on contract or pay as you go?

Who's your carrier?

The phone will make local calls but not (long distance) out of town calls where the area code is... the same? different?

Have you checked with your carrier, for issues with towers near you, service on there end, other customers complaining?
    06-02-2015 08:05 AM
    I have an HTC desire 816 using virgin prepaid. I can call numbers that are in town, but nothing out of town with the same area code. All service is fine, I was able to call using a different phone but my HTC won't dial the area code even though it displays it.
    06-02-2015 11:37 AM
    With another virgin phone? If not have you spoke with virgin about service issues? Will it include the area code if it's a saved number from your contacts? Or a number that is provided by a link, the internet, or a text? I'm not really understanding how it's not dialing numbers with the same area code because most phone service's default to their local area code, which is why you should only have to dial the area code when calling outside the area code. With cellular I'm not even understanding how it would know one town from another if the area code is the same. That's why I'm leaning towards a provider issue. A tower, a junction, something.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-04-2015 07:24 PM