"Unknown error code during application install: -24" is restricting me from installing Instagram.

A

AC Question

"Unknown error code during application install: -24" is restricting me from installing Instagram.

I own a Huawei Ascend P6 and i have not yet rooted my phone. I've researched everywhere on how to correct the error (Unknown error code during application install: -24) but my other option is to 'Factory data reset' my phone. But maybe there's some other way I can fix this problem? or am i doing anything wrong? I'm too scared to factory reset my phone because it's a very risky option.
I really want Instagram back! Hoping someone can help me.. thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Unknown error code during application install: -24" is restricting me from installing Instagram

Welcome to Android Central! Are you trying to install from Google Play Store?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: "Unknown error code during application install: -24" is restricting me from installing Instagram

The phone has to be rooted if you don't want to do a factory reset. Go to /data/data/<the app's data folder> and delete that folder. Error 24 means that there's some data from that app and there shouldn't be if it's being installed (as opposed to being updated), so the installer doesn't know what to do. It was uninstalled improperly.

(If the phone's not rooted, when you go to /data there's nothing there, because you don't have permission to read that folder - root does.)

asdfguiop

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Okay, thanks! but i tried rooting my phone and it didn't work because it wouldn't connect with my PC. It charges my phone but the pc doesnt recognize it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

It is happening on both wi-fi and mobile data?

Go to Settings>Apps>All, select Google Play Store, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Do the same for Download Manager.

If that doesn't help, go to Settings>Accounts, remove your Google account, then add it back again.

If that doesn't help, then make sure you have a valid form of payment associated with your Google Play account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89