my galaxy note 3 S pen problem

Kunthea

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a problem with my s pen lately.
Sometimes it works just fine, but sometimes the s pen just doesn't respond, I meant I can't launch the air command when the s pen is detached.
Please help me to fix this.
Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that on both of mine since they were new. (The pen can't be too far from the screen, either.) I don't know if it's a cheap switch in the pen or the circuit that detects the pen (it's an extra layer in the screen, plus associated electronics on the motherboard), but a few tries usually gets it. And that's with 2 phones and 3 pens. (One of the phones was replaced twice and the replaced phones had the same "problem", so I think it's more a matter of the phone only picking the button press up at a very small distance.) It also might not work when near a wireless charger (the warning popup even tells you that) because the charger's field interferes with the screen layer's field.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello. Dunno. Bye.

No wait....

Have you been updated to Lollipop recently.
Try changing a nib, if you have them. Just clamp hard and pull, then push the new one in hard. They're very strong.
That can solve issues.

Can you put the screen dot setting on and see if it is reasonably accurate.
(I forget the setting name, and don't have mine).

Do you have a case with any small magnet.

It maybe the Wacom digitiser thing that senses the pen giving trouble.
More likely the chip in the pen is struggling.
A replacement pen is surprisingly cheap.
If you have a non carrier phone, there are Wacom and other tests by dialing *#0*#

I would prefer site ambassador Rukbat"s view. He also has one.

Welcome to Android Central.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781