I have a galaxy s3 and its about a year old. Just recently Ive began noticing problems with the charging and the battery. The battery was dropping at about the rate it normally did but while it was plugged in and I was using it.. I decided to leave it and let it charged after it DIED while plugged into the charger i tried several chargers and nothing changed I also switched the battery and noticed no difference in the charging speed after at least 15 minutes of charging it had only gone up to 2%. by the time I went to bed it had gotten up to 20 something % and I let it charge overnight but by morning probably around 8-9 hours later it had still only gone up to 68%. i kept it plugged in all day unplugging or using it while plugged in for small intervals but throughout the day the highest the battery charged to was 79% and that was because I hadn't touched it most of the morning. I went to the store for maybe 30 minutes and my battery was at 42% I wasnt even using it a big part of the time yet it had dropped all the way to 2% when I set off back home... Ive tried different chargers and batteries and that hasnt done anything. Need advice fast!
    06-02-2015 07:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you plugging it into a wall outlet or a computer USB port? Make sure it's a wall outlet, since USB ports usually put out much less current.

If it's in a wall outlet and the charging is still slow, then go to Settings>Battery. Does it say Charging (AC) or Charging (USB)? If it's the latter, then either the charger wall plug, the USB cable, or the microUSB port has a problem that is preventing it from charging with the full AC current.
    06-03-2015 12:21 AM