What could make my LG G2 reboot endlessly ?

A

AC Question

Hello ! I have a big problem and I really don't know what to do about it. I have a LG G2 D803 (canadian) since one year. I got it with Bell Mobilité. My phone started to reboot one month ago at every moment, even when the screen was off. I wasn't able to use it, sometime it didn't even restarted and one hour later it was alive. I tried to do a factory reset, but it rebooted immediately when it was fresh formatted (didn't even have time to configure it).

I had to send it to LG for reparation and they changed the motherboard. I received my phone today with a new IMEI on the back. I was really excited and started it immediately. I just had the time to configure my phone and then... it froze and restarted exactly like before... and again... and again... and again... stuck on the LG logo, then reboot... and then restart...endlessly... and then works for five minutes...

I even got a new simcard to be sure that it wasn't the problem. I tried a factory reset, but it still crashes ! :'(

I called back LG and told them that it wasn't functional at all. They told me to send it back another time... but I really don't understand what it going. I will send it back tomorrow, but do you have any idea of what could be causing that ? I feel like ****, not having a phone for a month and having to send it for reparation another time without even knowing why, how and what will happen ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I called back LG and told them that it wasn't functional at all. They told me to send it back another time... but I really don't understand what it going. I will send it back tomorrow, but do you have any idea of what could be causing that ? I feel like ****, not having a phone for a month and having to send it for reparation another time without even knowing why, how and what will happen ?
What happened (and LG isn't alone in this) is that companies are sending out phones that don't work, then replacing them - sometimes with phones that don't work.

Don't feel foolish, just make them eat all those parts and all that labor. Right now that's cheaper for them than making sure the phones work. If enough of us kept sending phones back over and over, it would start costing them less to make them right in the first place. (My third Note 3 finally worked, and that's the one I've been using for 19 months. Samsung ate the motherboards on the first 2.

That's all that really matters to them - not whether you get a good phone, but what leaves them the most profit. If enough people kept sending back bad phones, making good phones would be more profitable.

fabeme

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your answer. I am the author of the first message.

I find it so stupid from them. I'll send it back, you can be sure about it, but that makes me so mad because I need a cellphone for my work and it has been a month since then. I still have to pay my bills and I can't even use what I pay for. Last time I've sent my cell, it was like hell, no communication between the repairshop and LG. The repairshop wanted me to pay 280,00$ for the reparation (because my warranty ended a few weeks before the faillure, but LG accepted to repair it for free). I had to call LG each day to be sure that they would tell them to repair it for free. My phone was at the repairshop for two week when I finaly had the confirmation that they would repair it for free. I finaly received it yesterday, 3 weeks later, and it isn't even better :confused::':)'(

When I talked to LG yesterday, they told my : "Well now there is still a good new : since it was repaired, you are now under warranty." Oh my... that is SOOOOOO nice... -.-'''

My last cellphone, Samsung Galaxy S2 had a similar problem after one year of use. I got rid of it and got a new one at that time, but I never though that I would have so much bad luck.

Still, I don't undestand why that one broke after one year of use (and it's like new, alway in it's case, when I changed my simcard yesterday, the employee who putted it inside even asked me if it was a new one). Then they put a new motherboard and it is already broken ? Don't they do any test before sending it back ?

(Sorry for my english, it is not my maternal language).