My phone and my daughters phone are set up on the same google account and when she accidentally pressed "sync" some of my contacts got deleted and they are not showing up on either of our phones.
    06-03-2015 09:18 PM
    Go to Google Contacts/More/Restore contacts. (It'll redirect you to the old page, where you'll have to choose More/Restore contacts again. They haven't finished the new page.) You can restore any contacts deleted within the last 30 days.

Then create a new account for one of you, change the phone to that account and sync your contacts. You can then delete the unwanted contacts on each of your accounts.

(My daughter and grandson did the same thing about a month ago and it took me about 2 minutes to get the contacts back.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-03-2015 10:16 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to your Google Contacts on the web (contacts.google.com), click on More, then Restore Contacts. Hopefully they'll be restored.

Having both of you on the same Google account is not the best idea--are you doing that so that you have greater oversight over your daughter's activities? The problem is that either of you might accidentally delete the other person's data. The sync issue might be because one or both phones wasn't set to sync for a while, so that when one or both phones gets synced again, your shared account might have difficulty figuring out what should be added and what should be removed.

EDIT: Gah! Rukbat beat me to it.
    06-03-2015 10:18 PM