CM12 boot loop with no recovery and no download mode. Toast?

A

AC Question

I just switched to CM12 nightlies on a Sprint Note 3 and regret it immensely. The CM downloader app updated me successfully three times, but the new version today threw me into a boot loop at the "optimizing apps" stage. Right after optimization, it restarts instead of entering the OS. TWRP and download modes are completely non-responsive. I have left the phone off for hours and tried each 100 times.

I have ADB working on the Mac laptop, but it cannot connect see the phone with the typical "./fastboot devices" commands. Parallels [in case I need Windows] sees a Samsung device is connected.

Every solution I have read (all day today) involves the obvious recovery mode fixes or Odin flashes, but I can't get to either. Time to shop for a new phone? Any advice is much appreciated.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
If you are struggling to get in to download mode, you could try plugging the USB cable in to the phone whilst leaving it disconnected from the pc. Then boot to download mode. From there you can plug it in to the pc and will need Odin to re flash a new recovery. Then proceed to flashing a new rom. Hope this works for you. There is a small chance that your rom might still be intact, so just the Odin method might be enough. Good luck

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I just switched to CM12 nightlies on a Sprint Note 3 and regret it immensely. The CM downloader app updated me successfully three times, but the new version today threw me into a boot loop at the "optimizing apps" stage. Right after optimization, it restarts instead of entering the OS. TWRP and download modes are completely non-responsive. I have left the phone off for hours and tried each 100 times.

I have ADB working on the Mac laptop, but it cannot connect see the phone with the typical "./fastboot devices" commands. Parallels [in case I need Windows] sees a Samsung device is connected.

Every solution I have read (all day today) involves the obvious recovery mode fixes or Odin flashes, but I can't get to either. Time to shop for a new phone? Any advice is much appreciated.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried pulling the battery and leaving it out for a while?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance