Please can someone tell me how to get rid of the Accuweather and S planner widgets from my homescreen? They came pre installed and no amount of holding down will allow me to drag them into the delete dustbin. I cannot find where they are installed to uninstall them and it's driving me mad!!!!
    06-05-2015 06:12 AM
    Pre Installed apps cant be deleted (to my knowledge). But there are ways of making it feel like its deleted. First you want to make sure that its not doing anything annoying in the background: Go to Settings then "Application Manager" find the apps, then select DISABLE which will stop it from doing anything other than be a shortcut from the app menu. Then go into your app folder. On the top right of the screen theres a meny option (3 dots vertically) select that, then select "Hide Apps" and choose the apps to hide. If you dont disable them first the button will be missing but it may still use ram, cpu, background stuff
    Pre Installed apps cant be deleted (to my knowledge). But there are ways of making it feel like its deleted. First you want to make sure that its not doing anything annoying in the background: Go to Settings then "Application Manager" find the apps, then select DISABLE which will stop it from doing anything other than be a shortcut from the app menu. Then go into your app folder. On the top right of the screen theres a meny option (3 dots vertically) select that, then select "Hide Apps" and choose the apps to hide. If you dont disable them first the button will be missing but it may still use ram, cpu, background stuff
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-05-2015 10:03 PM
    Accuweather has become a VERY underperforming app but we cannot remove it from our screens any longer. The "pinch" method of editing mentioned in these articles is out of date. You can select which shortcuts appear on your screen, but the Google Calendar, Google Clock and Accuweather are now carved in stone. Also, Accuweather no longer appears in the Application Manager, so you're not even able to access its settings there. Keep this behavior in mind when making future purchases. Google has simply become another Apple. All of the advantages of staying away from Apple products have been removed. Microsoft has followed the same path. Nobody has any vision in this industry. Might as well join the Apple cult now.
    06-20-2016 01:14 PM