Something wrong with my battery?

Z

Zami

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to put this)
Hey AndroidCentral.
Today, I was just playing some Geometry Dash on my Nexus 7 tablet. Then I didn't notice that my battery was dying. When it shut itself, I plugged it into a charger, when I realized that it has a huge problem now when it shut off. Then I held the power button. The nexus boot animation was there for a while... then... "Android is starting. Initializing apps 0 out of 122" What? Did it get an update or something? Anyways i let it to "load the apps" but then, screen started to flash. Like a static TV. It also makes a static noise, but not too loud. That just scared the BEEP out of me. Now I remembered what I did last time. I took the charger off then it stopped. Then I let it charge. right now it has the charging screen. Is there really a problem in my tablet/charger? Or do I just have to avoid it to shut down? Please help!

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You just need to avoid allowing it to power off by its self due to low battery. Like your PC if power is suddenly lost to the device it just shuts off. This does not allow it to go through the regular powering down things it would normally do if you choose to power it down, like ending processes, closing files, deleting caches, etc etc. So just like your PC when your device powers up again it trys to make sense of what happened. On your PC it may run a scan disk program to check for errors or look at its directory, your device is doing the same. One of the biggest reasons to avoid allowing the device to shut its self down is because files can become corrupted from process not completing and could lead to the need to do a factory reset. If this isn't a regular occurance you'll probably be fine. You may notice some delay in powering on while it completes some protocols, after what it sees as a crash, and you may notice some lag in operations, but simply powering down/restarting the device 1 or 2 times should clear that up.