Why no Favorites landline calls during priority interruption period?

A

AC Question

We have two new Samsung phones through Verizon. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. My husband has a Galaxy Note 4. I have set Priority Interruptions on both phones to daily from 10 pm to 8 am. HOWEVER, we each need to be able to receive both phone calls and texts in the middle of the night both from work and from family members.

All the numbers that we want to ring through during the priority interruption period are set as Favorites (they are starred).

We receive phone calls from 10 pm to 8 am from Favorites CELL phones. They ring through just fine.

Phone calls from Favorites LANDLINES DO NOT ring through from 10 pm to 8 am. We can "see" incoming calls from Favorite landlines on the screen. But neither the Samsung S5 nor the Galaxy Note 4 makes a sound when called from a landline from 10 pm to 8 am.

In other words, unless we are looking at the phone we have no idea that it's ringing between 10 pm and 8 am since there is no sound. (Both phones DO ring outside this time when called from a landline.)

After two reps at Verizon couldn't figure this out, they transferred me to Samsung. The Samsung rep's only suggestion was to change the "name designation" of the Favorite landline number on my cellphone from "home" to "mobile". (No, that doesn’t work. I tried it.) Rather than trying to explain to her that changing the name would not actually convert the landline to a mobile phone, I just hung up.

My only option seems to be to turn off the Priority Interruptions feature on both phones and live with all calls and texts coming in the middle of the night.

Any other suggestions?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
We have two new Samsung phones through Verizon. I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. My husband has a Galaxy Note 4. I have set Priority Interruptions on both phones to daily from 10 pm to 8 am. HOWEVER, we each need to be able to receive both phone calls and texts in the middle of the night both from work and from family members.

All the numbers that we want to ring through during the priority interruption period are set as Favorites (they are starred).

We receive phone calls from 10 pm to 8 am from Favorites CELL phones. They ring through just fine.

Phone calls from Favorites LANDLINES DO NOT ring through from 10 pm to 8 am. We can "see" incoming calls from Favorite landlines on the screen. But neither the Samsung S5 nor the Galaxy Note 4 makes a sound when called from a landline from 10 pm to 8 am.

In other words, unless we are looking at the phone we have no idea that it's ringing between 10 pm and 8 am since there is no sound. (Both phones DO ring outside this time when called from a landline.)

After two reps at Verizon couldn't figure this out, they transferred me to Samsung. The Samsung rep's only suggestion was to change the "name designation" of the Favorite landline number on my cellphone from "home" to "mobile". (No, that doesn’t work. I tried it.) Rather than trying to explain to her that changing the name would not actually convert the landline to a mobile phone, I just hung up.

My only option seems to be to turn off the Priority Interruptions feature on both phones and live with all calls and texts coming in the middle of the night.

Any other suggestions?

Welcome to Android Central!

It is probably only letting the default number in that favorite contact ring through. Try removing the default option in the favorite contact and see if that fixes.

virtualsidekick

Jun 11, 2015
Visit site
Removing the default phone doesn't work.

I contacted Samsung again through their online chat and was told priority interruptions are not supported for landlines.

Can that be right? I realize fewer and fewer people have landlines but I find it hard to believe that Samsung would purposely not support them. After all, businesses still use landlines, as well as millions of other private individuals.

Any other suggestions?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Removing the default phone doesn't work.

I contacted Samsung again through their online chat and was told priority interruptions are not supported for landlines.

Can that be right? I realize fewer and fewer people have landlines but I find it hard to believe that Samsung would purposely not support them. After all, businesses still use landlines, as well as millions of other private individuals.

Any other suggestions?

Maybe change the Home option to the Mobile option It will let you have more than one mobile number for a person in your contacts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol