Hello, I've seen some questions about rooting, and many how-to's, but I can't seem to find a thread for my specific issue.

I live in Shanghai, and I've had iPhone for 6 years now, and was feeling like I wanted something new. Sold the iPhone 6, bought the M9+. Problem is, my phone is, I want to say, Region locked. I can have English settings but the App Store, some pop-up information, browser searching, is all in Chinese. I love the phone, I just want to know what would be the best solution to changing the phone completely to an North American version with English store and apps.

I've tried getting "Google Play Store" (although I'm still having trouble getting the VPN to work fully) and it just crashes.
    06-06-2015 04:21 AM
    Hello, I've seen some questions about rooting, and many how-to's, but I can't seem to find a thread for my specific issue.

I live in Shanghai, and I've had iPhone for 6 years now, and was feeling like I wanted something new. Sold the iPhone 6, bought the M9+. Problem is, my phone is, I want to say, Region locked. I can have English settings but the App Store, some pop-up information, browser searching, is all in Chinese. I love the phone, I just want to know what would be the best solution to changing the phone completely to an North American version with English store and apps.

I've tried getting "Google Play Store" (although I'm still having trouble getting the VPN to work fully) and it just crashes.
    Welcome to Android Central!

I want to say that the M9+ is for Asia only. It is not out here in the US yet so finding a ROM that will work is going to take some time.
    06-10-2015 08:08 AM