I do not have my iphone anymore to turn off the imessages. I was thinking about changing my phone number so I won't be associated with the iphone number anymore. Does this make sense?
    06-06-2015 06:58 AM
    will changing my phone number on my android help with the not receiving text messages from iphone users? I do not have my iphone anymore to change any kind of settings. TIA
    06-06-2015 07:46 AM
    will changing my phone number on my android help with the not receiving text messages from iphone users? I do not have my iphone anymore to change any kind of settings. TIA
    I do not have my iphone anymore to turn off the imessages. I was thinking about changing my phone number so I won't be associated with the iphone number anymore. Does this make sense?
    I had to use an iPhone for a couple of weeks and had to deal with this issue with iMessage when I went back to my Android.

You don't need to change your number to get the issue corrected. If the following steps don't correct it, call Apple. You also do not still need the phone.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
    06-06-2015 07:49 AM
    Thanks....I went to the link and did what it said....it came back and told me my phone number isn't registered with imessage. so....I guess I deactivated the imessage from my iphone.....now to figure out why I can't get some peoples msg in my group msgs
    06-06-2015 08:21 AM
    Thanks....I went to the link and did what it said....it came back and told me my phone number isn't registered with imessage. so....I guess I deactivated the imessage from my iphone.....now to figure out why I can't get some peoples msg in my group msgs
    Have them start a new group message.
    06-06-2015 08:22 AM
    I'll try that. Thanks for your help
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    06-06-2015 08:25 AM