Why is my HTC one m9's LED notification light so dim?

A

AC Question

A few days ago i was outside taking pictures when it was drizzling and i noticed I had gotten a couple of rain drops on my speaker grill, i immediately wiped it off and all was good. But then the next day i noticed my Led light was a lot less bright but i feel like it has always been pretty dark. So i did a Diagnostics test and i tested the LED but when it was supposed to blink it shuttered really fast and was almost barely visible. I am wondering if my phone got water damage and if so, if there is a way to fix it. I just don't see how a couple of water droplets could damage my phone. Please respond.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
A few days ago i was outside taking pictures when it was drizzling and i noticed I had gotten a couple of rain drops on my speaker grill, i immediately wiped it off and all was good. But then the next day i noticed my Led light was a lot less bright but i feel like it has always been pretty dark. So i did a Diagnostics test and i tested the LED but when it was supposed to blink it shuttered really fast and was almost barely visible. I am wondering if my phone got water damage and if so, if there is a way to fix it. I just don't see how a couple of water droplets could damage my phone. Please respond.

Welcome to Android Central!

It could be possible some water got in to the grill and did some damage. Try waiting a few more days and see if it works itself out. If not it might just be damaged. Do you have insurance on the phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca