How to back up GS6 with no working screen?

A

AC Question

I have broken just the LCD (digitizer isn't cracked, don't know how) of my GS6. I can hear and feel that it is still working fine, so I need to back it up to synchronize my data to restore it on my new GS 6 when it arrives.

Using samsung switch, support told me it is impossible to backup my data because I am unable to enter my password without a screen. I find that highly unlikely, and if that is the case, possibly the worst programming decision made in a while.

Any other way to back up Notes / Data / Texts / Phone Logs / Appdata without needing the screen? There has got to be some way to do this, I can't be the only one who's had a phone broken on the job and needs to transfer data.

Any suggestions?

Samsung support Chat, Phone, and Email told me the same thing about Samsung Switch, I just don't know about any other options.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I have broken just the LCD (digitizer isn't cracked, don't know how) of my GS6. I can hear and feel that it is still working fine, so I need to back it up to synchronize my data to restore it on my new GS 6 when it arrives.

Using samsung switch, support told me it is impossible to backup my data because I am unable to enter my password without a screen. I find that highly unlikely, and if that is the case, possibly the worst programming decision made in a while.

Any other way to back up Notes / Data / Texts / Phone Logs / Appdata without needing the screen? There has got to be some way to do this, I can't be the only one who's had a phone broken on the job and needs to transfer data.

Any suggestions?

Samsung support Chat, Phone, and Email told me the same thing about Samsung Switch, I just don't know about any other options.

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried using Samsung Kies to back up the data? Also try using Android Device Manager to bypass the password lock on the phone.