How do i change "default" image picker in S-NOTE app???

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy Note 3 phone running Kitkat 4.4.4.
I use the S-Notes app on it a lot.
When I insert a picture into a note, it used to give me that choice about "which do you want to use to do this?" and provide me with the various options (stock gallery, picture manager app, etc.) and let me pick "always" or "just once".
One time, I accidentally picked "always" and now it looks like I'm stuck with that bad choice.
Here's the deal: everybody says go into app manager, find app, hit the magic "clear defaults" button, and all your choices will come back.
NOPE.
In both S-Note and Gallery (the app the image picker in S-Note now defaults to), the "Clear Defaults" button is GREYED OUT and says "no defaults set". Thus, pushing that magic button is obviously not an option.
Went to "Default Applications". Its list is comprised of two things ('home' and 'messages'), neither of which have anything to do with app(s) in question.
Pressed menu button while in Application Manager and got option to "reset app preferences". When I chose it, it gave me this big warning about resetting ALL app preferences, including disabled ones, any permission restrictions, etc. That sounded absolutely ridiculous (I will forgo the tirade here), but I pressed it anyway.
My choices STILL did not come back.
I have described this as clearly and concisely as possible. SOMEONE out there has GOT to know how to solve this.....after all, these devices ARE made by PEOPLE....
Thanks! : )

BugInAJar

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
No, doesn't erase anything. You might have to log in to the app, do your settings all over again.

Looking at my storage, under app info, here's what I see:
Gallery: data 408KB SD card data 396KB Total 804KB
(this actually looks like the number of photos I have organized in both internal storage and organized in SD card)
S-Note: data 18.70GB SD card data 18.70GB Total 23.36 GB
(this looks like all of my s-notes that are currently backed up to SD card, as well as the ones I'm currently using from internal storage - as the app won't run from the SD card)
Now, as the great big Clear Data button is right below this storage info, there is very little doubt in my mind that pushing that button actually CLEARS the DATA. I do not know if it also clears the data from the SD card (I doubt it, as the Kitkat 4.4 build doesn't let apps write to SD cards -thus, the stuff that is saved in internal storage as noted above- but who knows what the OS itself will do). I COULD move the data to the SD card, remove the SD card, and then push the button....but that is actually a pretty big piece of work, not least because I will loose every photo location tag (meaning where it is in the device) in a picture manager app if I move the photos and would not look forward to relabeling every single one.

So either:
Tell me (you or someone else) that this IS the solution - meaning it IS the thing to do that will definitively, without question, restore my default-to choices, or
Let's pretend I did that and it didn't work. What would the next strategy be?

Thanks.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Looking at my storage, under app info, here's what I see:
Gallery: data 408KB SD card data 396KB Total 804KB
(this actually looks like the number of photos I have organized in both internal storage and organized in SD card)
S-Note: data 18.70GB SD card data 18.70GB Total 23.36 GB
(this looks like all of my s-notes that are currently backed up to SD card, as well as the ones I'm currently using from internal storage - as the app won't run from the SD card)
Now, as the great big Clear Data button is right below this storage info, there is very little doubt in my mind that pushing that button actually CLEARS the DATA. I do not know if it also clears the data from the SD card (I doubt it, as the Kitkat 4.4 build doesn't let apps write to SD cards -thus, the stuff that is saved in internal storage as noted above- but who knows what the OS itself will do). I COULD move the data to the SD card, remove the SD card, and then push the button....but that is actually a pretty big piece of work, not least because I will loose every photo location tag (meaning where it is in the device) in a picture manager app if I move the photos and would not look forward to relabeling every single one.

So either:
Tell me (you or someone else) that this IS the solution - meaning it IS the thing to do that will definitively, without question, restore my default-to choices, or
Let's pretend I did that and it didn't work. What would the next strategy be?

Thanks.

I wrote to my SD card with KitKat when I had it.

Your S Notes are not synced with your Samsung account? Go to the settings, make sure they are synced with your Samsung account, sync and then open the app, S Note in applications and clear data. You will open S Note and log into your Samsung account and put the settings back like you had it, have it sync'd to your account and they will be there.

In fact, on my Note 4 just the other day, I imported all my S Notes from my Note 2 and Note 3 that were synced to my Samsung account. I even had a couple of S Notes back from I assume my Note 1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech