The past couple times I've been in a call lately, I've been experiencing some grief. Every now and then, yet sparingly, there's this high-pitched noise that apparently is only coming from my phone, because the other end doesn't hear anything. Its hard to describe the sound, but imagine a doorbell "ding-dong" sound or the coin sound from Mario Bros games, but pitched up about 7x. It's very obnoxious and has given me a terrible headache everytime it goes off. I'm not getting any notifications of any kind whenever it goes off, so its not like a notification alert sound. And I have unlimited minutes, and that minute minder thing is turned off, so its not like an alert for anything like that, either. Any idea what it may be?
    06-07-2015 12:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone and which carrier? Can you bring the phone in to your carrier's local store to have them check it out?

Does the sound occur if you're on speakerphone or wired/Bluetooth headset as well?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-07-2015 02:20 AM
    It's a Samsung Galaxy S5 and it's on Verizon. And yes, it occurred while on speakerphone and we both heard it that time. But other times it was just me.
    06-07-2015 09:39 AM
    There's an app called Speaker Clean that proved successful for many people last year in cleaning the speaker by blast cleaning with a tone.
    It may not be your issue in this case.
    06-07-2015 09:47 AM