I want to deactivate Google voice completely. I have the voicemail settings set to my carrier and the app is uninstalled, but it still has the google voice message for calls and and my voice mails still go there. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
    06-07-2015 03:21 PM
    I'm using Nova Launcher and its disable Google voice but you can try to find in the settings.
    06-07-2015 03:41 PM
    I want to deactivate Google voice completely. I have the voicemail settings set to my carrier and the app is uninstalled, but it still has the google voice message for calls and and my voice mails still go there. Anyone know how to fix this?

Go to your Google Voice page and open the settings. From there, click edit under the forwarding number and select deactivate then follow prompts. Let us know if you have any other questions.
    06-07-2015 03:42 PM
    Go to your Google Voice page and open the settings. From there, click edit under the forwarding number and select deactivate then follow prompts. Let us know if you have any other questions.
    I've been looking for these options on the google voice page and can't seem to find it.

06-07-2015 03:48 PM
    I've been looking for these options on the google voice page and can't seem to find it.

Click the gear icon > settings > edit > show advanced settings > activate or deactivate.

You need to to this from the web browser. Mobile webpage should work just fine from your phone. Let me know if this helps.
    06-07-2015 04:00 PM
    Click the gear icon > settings > edit > show advanced settings > activate or deactivate.

You need to to this from the web browser. Mobile webpage should work just fine from your phone. Let me know if this helps.
    Apparently it's not working from mobile because I have no gear icon, and can't find anywhere to edit it.

06-07-2015 04:10 PM
    Apparently it's not working from mobile because I have no gear icon, and can't find anywhere to edit it.

You should be able to scroll down on the mobile page and select desktop or full site view. See if you can and try after viewing the full site rather than mobile.
    06-07-2015 04:16 PM
    You should be able to scroll down on the mobile page and select desktop or full site view. See if you can and try after viewing the full site rather than mobile.
    I got it, just had to do it on the web.

srkmagnus likes this.
    06-08-2015 10:29 AM
    I got it, just had to do it on the web.

That's good to hear. Weird that it wouldn't let you access it via mobile web view.
    06-08-2015 11:10 AM
    That's good to hear. Weird that it wouldn't let you access it via mobile web view.
    Yeah, it wouldn't change to desktop mode no matter how much I tried.

06-08-2015 07:57 PM
    I just did this successfully. On Verizon, dial *73. It will ask you to deactivate hit OK. It will make a call then hang up after a few seconds.

Then change your voice mail back to Verizon in the phone settings.

Dialing *86 should now call the Verizon voice mail service. If it still calls Google voice, try calling your phone number from your phone... It will go to the Verizon voice mail. And now *86 should work fine.
    06-10-2015 10:10 PM