I have been a Google Photos user for a couple years, and as such, have thousands of photos stored in the Google Photos cloud that are saved in the previously free 4MP size. The new Google photos now allows photos up to 16MP, which is great, except all those old photos will forever be saved in a relatively tiny resolution. Is there any way to "upgrade" my old photos to the new file size limit?

I have all the original files saved locally on my computer, so I could reupload everything, but then I'd think I would just have duplicates of all my photos. Seeing as ask my photos have been nearly put into albums already, I can't even imagine going through that entire process again. Is there some magical way to get Google to auto detect the better file size and replace all my smaller photos with the larger versions, or am I just SOL?

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-07-2015 09:03 PM
    That's a good question. I'd guess that you would have to re-upload the photos--I'm in the process of uploading all of the photos stored locally on my PC to Photos, including ones I've uploaded before, so I'll see what happens with duplicates.

It's worth sending it as feedback to Google. In the new Photos site, click on the hamburger menu button at the upper left and click Help & Feedback, then the Send Feedback button.
    06-08-2015 12:33 AM