I broke the screen on my Razr m and while the phone still seems to work, I can't do anything with it without being able to interact with the screen. At first I was able to get "OK Google" to work by swiping so I know the phone was responding. I've let the battery run down in preparation for replacing the screen

So instructions are easy to find online but how do I know if I need to replace the whole digitizer/screen assembly or just the glass screen?

Side question... My Username/password no longer work on AndroidCentral. I haven't used it since Feb. Does it expire?

thanks,
    John aka LocalHero on AndroidCentral forum
    06-07-2015 09:46 PM
    I broke the screen on my Razr m and while the phone still seems to work, I can't do anything with it without being able to interact with the screen. At first I was able to get "OK Google" to work by swiping so I know the phone was responding. I've let the battery run down in preparation for replacing the screen

So instructions are easy to find online but how do I know if I need to replace the whole digitizer/screen assembly or just the glass screen?

Side question... My Username/password no longer work on AndroidCentral. I haven't used it since Feb. Does it expire?

thanks,
    John aka LocalHero on AndroidCentral forum
    If you had to replace the screen it would be blue and bleeding. If it is just the glass the screen would look fine.
    06-11-2015 08:30 AM
    The glass is the digitizer.

It sounds as if all your phone needs is a new glass/digitizer, but replacing it is going to be th problem.

Heat the entire glass evenly, just to the point that it lifts off and not any more, but enough that it doesn't tear the screen under it. (It takes most people, with a stand-mounted heat gun and spreader, about 6 phones to get the feel for it.)

If you overheat the screen, it'll be shot, and you'll have to replace the whole screen. (And if you do that yourself, you'll probably break something inside the phone.) If you heat it just a little too little, you'll tear the screen - and have to replace the whole screen. And if you slip with one of the shards in your hand, you'll cut or puncture the screen and have to replace it.

Unless you're planning on replacing the glass on a lot of phones, it's probably cheaper in the long run to pay a shop to do it. Those "this is the first time I ever did this" Youtube videos may be the first time he ever did it on that particular model phone, but I've never seen any video of anyone who's never worked on a cellphone before doing it. (I can recognize the signs, I've owned cellphone repair shops.)
    06-12-2015 12:12 AM
    I would suggest replacing the entire screen/digitizer. It'll be the most costs and time efficient.

Regarding your password, try resetting it. If that doesn't work send an email to accounts@mobilenations.com. They will be more than happy to assist you with trying to recover your account.

Let us know if you have any questions.
    06-12-2015 12:16 AM