Extremely new to this. And I guess its more of a vent than a question. I have a Motorola max mini. I got it because its predessor was a work horse. Not meaning to just happens around me...I beat the hell out of that phone and it took every inch. Cracked screen...dropped in water.still always worked. Plus I had a 32 gig mem card,, which now not an option. Great phone met its end at end if a table. So
    ..its why I got the mini. Two days ago the mic just up and doesn't work any more. Not text to speech,google now. Nothing. Google says can't turn it on. And this was prior to the upgrade .so that was not a factor. Less than a year old and of course Verizon doesn't honor the agreement in print. Says its too beat up. Which its not. Not new but far from beat up. And Verizon is the lesser of the evils. In my book anyways. Sorry for the book guys . just a lil pissed at Verizon. And was wondering ....what's the deal with the mics not working?
    06-07-2015 10:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you actually getting a message that the phone can't access the mic? That usually means that some other app is using the mic and hasn't given it up. This might happen with an app that accesses the camera, since the mic is used with the video camera function--common culprits include flashlight apps, since the LED flash is part of the camera as well. Google Now can also sometimes interfere if you've set it to recognize "OK Google" from any page. Open your Google Settings app, go to Search & Now>Voice>"OK Google" Detection, ​and make sure "From Any Screen" is turned off.
    06-08-2015 12:19 AM