I need to get all of my music on to removable media because I want to have access to my music when I'm having Internet issues and because I use Google Music Service. My Onkyo won't recognize Google Music Service like it will iTunes, Rhapsody, Pandora and a couple of other big name Internet music services. Using those services will access your music library steaming it from the Internet. So if I'm hanging out around the pool or anywhere on my local LAN I can only play my music using the Onkyo Android software if the music is stored locally.

This is why I need massive music storage like t his and my G Note 4 likes my 128 GB micro SD card. I'm hopin the 256 GB will work. They are now available at Best Buy and Walmart.

Does anyone know or heard anything about this? I'm willing to try out another music service like iTunes Match or Google Music Services. The Onkyo Software/Firmware doesn't seem to like many music services but the most popular Like iTunes Match, Rhapsody and Pandora. It's very limited also when it comes from personnel music service like iTunes. It definitely doesn't like Google Music Service.

I'm also wondering if there is some type of third party software that will work with an Onkyo receiver. I've been looking without any luck yet.

Thank you very much for any info you might have!

Chris
    06-08-2015 12:12 AM
    According to the following link it supports up to 512GB although I dread to think of the cost of that. Was looking today myself as I am getting mine replaced and currently have 64GB and looking to upgrade, will probably settle for a 128GB.

EDIT: was unable to post links as this is my first post on the forum but I found the info on reddit:

w w w.reddit.com/r/galaxynote4/comments/302u7p/does_the_note_4_support_256gb_sd_cards/
    06-08-2015 12:49 PM
    I can't say anything about a 256gb but my 128gb card is working perfectly.

Edit: I just reread your post and realized that you already have a 128 GB card... Sorry
    06-08-2015 03:16 PM
    Hi, if its any help I found that reformatting the card using the excellent tool "FAT32Format" often works.
    If the phone is really fussy then try Winhex (tm) one pass zeros which should take about 40 minutes, then try it.
    Worked on 128GB, tried 64, tried 200. 2/3 isn't bad.
    You don't even have to nuke the whole card as the first and last 2GB is more than enough.
    Didn't work on my really old S3 Neo, which seems to max out at 32GB for some strange reason.

Something about the 7's file index sometimes sends the Note4 off into LaLaLand and results in a boot loop in the worst case
    according to some reports.
    This is a bit like the problem with old hard drives where if you installed them into a new machine with UEFI it refused to work and
    would stall bootup completely because the formatting was off.

Related issue, certain BIOS's need to be put in "Legacy IDE" or "IDE Emulation" mode to initialize a new drive and once done
    you must reboot and run Windows Setup again with the drive set back to SATA.

#include "nukeandpavethetoolofchoiceforascoundrel.h"
    01-30-2017 01:47 AM