Why does my unlocked International version of my phone think I'm in the UK?

A

AC Question

I purchased a Galaxy S6 New from ebay. Title for listing was: "New Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F 32GB Factory Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Octa-Core Phone". Description says "Please note: This model is the international version. It will come with a European Wall Charger plus a U.S. adapter. It has all the U.S. LTE Bands to work with AT&T, T-Mobile and any GSM provider in the U.S."

There were a few weird settings I updated when I set up the phone the first time like 12/24 hr and calendar date format, no big deal. However, when I download apps, they all think I'm in the UK. I can't even find "Yahoo Sports" because the only option the Play Store gives me is "Yahoo Sport" (no S on the end) which brings up Premiere League Soccer and asks me about my "Favourites".

I can't find anyone else that seems to be having this problem online. I'm using AT&T and they didn't say anything was weird when they put in the SIM card.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I purchased a Galaxy S6 New from ebay. Title for listing was: "New Samsung Galaxy S6 G920F 32GB Factory Unlocked GSM 4G LTE Octa-Core Phone". Description says "Please note: This model is the international version. It will come with a European Wall Charger plus a U.S. adapter. It has all the U.S. LTE Bands to work with AT&T, T-Mobile and any GSM provider in the U.S."

There were a few weird settings I updated when I set up the phone the first time like 12/24 hr and calendar date format, no big deal. However, when I download apps, they all think I'm in the UK. I can't even find "Yahoo Sports" because the only option the Play Store gives me is "Yahoo Sport" (no S on the end) which brings up Premiere League Soccer and asks me about my "Favourites".

I can't find anyone else that seems to be having this problem online. I'm using AT&T and they didn't say anything was weird when they put in the SIM card.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

It sounds like there is an UK ROM installed on the phone. Have you gone in to the Languages and Input and changed it to English US?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance