Is there a way to get Google Photos to backup my pictures and videos from my SD card?

A

AC Question

Google Photos only seems to backup the pictures and video that are on the phone and not on my SD card. I have a Samsung Note 3.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's strange--I just tested it out on my Zenfone 2. Created a folder called Test on the SD card and moved a photo there. Opened the Google Photos app, swiped in from the left, tapped Device Folders, and saw Test there with the photo I moved there. The Backup icon was turned on for that folder as well.

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I looked on the computer at home before I posted this and I didn't see them on the photos.google.com. Today when I checked through a brower on my phone it looks like it might be there.
Then I went back to the app on my phone and I figured out what happend. It was my fault.
The Device folders through what you described shows a section called Camera. Well, there were only 6 pictures that were displayed. I ddin't realize I had to pick on Camera to see the rest.

Thank you for verifying it should work though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513