I live in an area with spotty GSM coverage, so I have to use CDMA. I currently use Verizon and have used US Cellular before, and their coverage is great.

So anyway, I would really like a new phone. I currently have the HTC Desire 612, and I really don't like it:
    Slow
    Laggy
    Bad camera
    Small internal memory
    Too tall--I can't fit it in some of my pockets

I do like that there's an SD card slot, though. I like to listen to audiobooks and I have a lot of pictures so it's great for storage.

I am not opposed to switching carriers either if that expands my choices. What phone should I get? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I do want a good phone.
    06-09-2015 01:34 PM
    What does your budget look like?
    06-09-2015 02:37 PM
    I'd prefer to spend around $400. And android, obviously.

Oh, and good battery life is a must. Also, how is Net10 now? I used them many years ago, but they look much nicer now.
    06-09-2015 02:50 PM
    Are you on contract or off contract? Do you like prepaid? And what type of features would you like in your phone? Which matters more battery, screen, camera, etc.

Posted via the Android Central App.
    Boost Mobile Moto G (4.4.4)
    Or The Sprint LG G3 (5.0.1)
    06-09-2015 03:07 PM
    I'm prepaid, so I'm not stuck with Verizon. I don't do contracts.

I use my phone pretty frequently throughout the day, but I'm also usually somewhere that I can charge it (school or work).
    The camera doesn't have super fancy, but something fast to take snapshots with--my current issue is mainly that my camera takes a long time to take a picture, and between the time I tap the screen and the photo is actually taken, my subject has moved.
    I really don't know much about screens. I'm happy with my current phone's screen (HTC Desire 612). As long as I can read stuff on there, it's fine. I usually don't watch youtube or netflix on my phone.
    06-09-2015 04:46 PM
    I've been contemplating the Motorola Droid Turbo. Verizon is running a promotion that gets you $100 with the trade in of ANY good, working smartphone, plus another $50 on top of that. Bringing the price of the phone down to $350. (I am currently on AT&T and thinking of switching to Verizon, which nets me another $200 credit. Thus bringing the Turbo down to $150!)
    06-09-2015 04:53 PM
    I've been contemplating the Motorola Droid Turbo. Verizon is running a promotion that gets you $100 with the trade in of ANY good, working smartphone, plus another $50 on top of that. Bringing the price of the phone down to $350. (I am currently on AT&T and thinking of switching to Verizon, which nets me another $200 credit. Thus bringing the Turbo down to $150!)
    Wow! Do you have a link to this promotion? I checked their website, and it's listed for $500.
    06-09-2015 08:34 PM
    My concern with the Turbo is that I'd run out of space quickly. It has a really good camera and no SD card.
    06-10-2015 11:24 AM