Photos won't show up on my phone/computer?

A

AC Question

I took photos of my recent trip to Guyana with my Sony Cyber Shot Camera, as well as my Alcatel One Touch Idol X phone. I was using a new SD card for my phone (Kingston 16 GB Micro SD card) I dragged the photos from my Sony camera to the computer, and then to my memory card on my phone. At first, the photo's showed up fine. But now they don't show up at all. It says "no Thumbnail" or "Cannot be Viewed/Opened". When I hook my phone up to my computer, Windows Photo Viewer says "Cannot support the file format" although the photos are jpeg. What do I do?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you still have the original photos saved on the computer, or the card in the Sony camera? Try unmounting the microSD card from the phone (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and plug it into your computer's reader. Now copy the files directly to the microSD. Before you do so, check to see if the files you originally tried to copy over show up.

It seems that sometimes copying a lot of data to an SD card that's inserted into the phone (via USB) can lead to some data errors or corruption. It's also possible that the microSD card has become corrupt--in this case, try a different card.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995