My son rooted his S5 with great success--customized the heck out of his phone!! Sadly, he has recently died very suddenly. I would like to reactivate his phone (on same network) with my number and use it. Verizon says they need to replace the SIM in order to reactivate the phone. If I do this, what will happen to all his customized settings, apps, etc? If replacing the SIM to reactivate will cause issues, I will just leave it as is and not use it. Please advise!!
    06-10-2015 10:48 AM
    My son rooted his S5 with great success--customized the heck out of his phone!! Sadly, he has recently died very suddenly. I would like to reactivate his phone (on same network) with my number and use it. Verizon says they need to replace the SIM in order to reactivate the phone. If I do this, what will happen to all his customized settings, apps, etc? If replacing the SIM to reactivate will cause issues, I will just leave it as is and not use it. Please advise!!
    Welcome to Android Central!

Sorry to hear about your loss. Adding a new SIM to the phone will not affect the phone software.
    06-12-2015 11:47 AM
    Thank you for the info. I am sure i will need to come back to this board when it is time to update....
    06-17-2015 08:32 AM