Why did my hotspot die?

A

AC Question

I installed the "3g/4g optimizer" app after reading about it in an article. After installation, I changed the speed to the highest setting. I rebooted (as instructed) and was unable to get my hotspot to function. I changed the setting back to normal and rebooted. I still couldn't turn on the WiFi hotspot. I uninstalled the app, rebooted, still no WiFi hotspot. I did a factory reset, no hotspot. I had been running the hotspot up until the first reboot to fuel my tablet. I press to check the box "turn wifi hotspot on” the check shows up, albeit grey. The connected icon never shows on the notification tray my other devices can't pick it up. I also noticed when trying to turn on bluetooth tethering, settings is forced closed. I DO HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION for my hotspot. Can you please help me, my hotspot is vital to me. Droid RAZR M on stock 4.4.2

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I installed the "3g/4g optimizer" app after reading about it in an article. After installation, I changed the speed to the highest setting. I rebooted (as instructed) and was unable to get my hotspot to function. I changed the setting back to normal and rebooted. I still couldn't turn on the WiFi hotspot. I uninstalled the app, rebooted, still no WiFi hotspot. I did a factory reset, no hotspot. I had been running the hotspot up until the first reboot to fuel my tablet. I press to check the box "turn wifi hotspot on” the check shows up, albeit grey. The connected icon never shows on the notification tray my other devices can't pick it up. I also noticed when trying to turn on bluetooth tethering, settings is forced closed. I DO HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION for my hotspot. Can you please help me, my hotspot is vital to me. Droid RAZR M on stock 4.4.2

Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried to clear the data on the hotshot app? Go to settings, applications, all apps, find the tether app and hit clear data. See if that fixes it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21