I bought a used Galaxy S4 from Amazon for my wife. I was setting it up and closing out open apps and noticed one called "DeviceKeystring". I have an S4 and have never seen anything like that before. There's nothing in the app drawer or app manager.

It's kinda sketchy looking. It has a numbered list to activate Camera, VT camera, vibration, speaker, etc. An equally sketchy sounding song plays if you select "Melody" or "Speaker"

Just wondering what this is. I couldn't find anything. Basically just making sure someone isn't logging everything she does with the phone or something...
    06-10-2015 08:04 PM
    I bought a used Galaxy S4 from Amazon for my wife. I was setting it up and closing out open apps and noticed one called "DeviceKeystring". I have an S4 and have never seen anything like that before. There's nothing in the app drawer or app manager.

It's kinda sketchy looking. It has a numbered list to activate Camera, VT camera, vibration, speaker, etc. An equally sketchy sounding song plays if you select "Melody" or "Speaker"

Just wondering what this is. I couldn't find anything. Basically just making sure someone isn't logging everything she does with the phone or something...
    Welcome to Android Central!

Have you tried a factory reset and see if it goes away?
    06-11-2015 07:41 PM
    It's listed on XDA as an app that can be safely uninstalled on the S3, so I would assume it can be safely uninstalled on the S4 as well. (I'd root and freeze it first, to make sure, but that's me.)
    06-11-2015 11:02 PM